Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 14

I can't believe we are this far behind....I took notes each day, but didn't have time to sit down and write out our blogs completely and it seems I have so much to say...so...here is Day 14:

The hotel breakfast was AMAZING.....and of course, the boys barely ate. Why do I feel like I have to make up for the areas they are lacking in?!?!? I swear I have gained 50 lbs on this trip all because of their leftovers! We headed to Apostles Church in NY. JR Vassar is the pastor there and he was once a pastor at Lakepointe. If you know anything about the subway, you know they shut down certain trains for maintenance and also, not all trains run the same on the weekends. The original instructions I looked up on the web DID NOT APPLY today so here I was trying to wing it. I told the boys we were attempting to go to church and if it were God's will, we would make it before it was over. Stop reading here and decide whether or not you think we made it to the service. Now, if you think we made it, do you think we heard the service?

Well, if you said we made it on time, you are right! We were actually 10 minutes early! God allowed us to meet people, talk to the Vassar family, and grab coffee! The service spoke DIRECTLY to us. The boys and I have been trying to make this our own little "mission trip". Yes, it's been a vacation, but we want God to be glorified in everything we do. Sometimes, NY can distract you from your primary purpose in life. There are so many "things" we begin to desire, the boys saw how easy it was to forget about our "little goals" we set as a family. The sermon was about missioning in every are of our life! Wow! We couldn't believe we were given that reminder and encouraged to continue on! The people sitting behind us were from Carrolton, The greeter was from Allen, and we felt right at home listening to JR preach. This was just the refresher we needed to get through the rest of our week!

We headed to see Chinatown. We were a little overwhelmed by this so we didn't stay long. We headed to eat at the Soup Man's restaurant before the Broadway show Spiderman. Dayne fell in love with shrimp gumbo soup and asked if I could drive him home through Louisiana to have some more!

Now I have heard mixed reviews about the show Spiderman, but I am here to report WE LOVED IT! It was amazing. If you are looking for a lyrical, melodic, extremely intense show, this may not be for you. If you are looking for fun, exciting, adventurous, and "comic like" stage scenes, you will love it. The actors were talented and you could tell they enjoyed what they were doing!

Dayne wanted to get his birthday present so he headed back to the Disney Store to build Mater the Greater. I got it all on video, but then, my phone died before it was exported so we were pretty disappointed. They actually introduce you to the the store along with the vehicle you created. You get your own garage and key. It's just like Build a Bear only BETTER!!!!

We headed back to get the car and say our goodbyes to Bridget, Manny, and Jack. We didn't leave until 8ish so we just got on the road and made it a few hours to a hotel in NJ. I guess I was whooped! Much love to NYC, Bridget and family, and to God!

Blessed and highly favored.......

1 comment:

Kurtis said...

I have so enjoyed following your blog. I don't know why, but I as I have read your last two entries today I have been overcome with emotion and I had to finish reading through the tears in my eyes. I admire your courage and your dedication to both God and your family. Continue to enjoy yourselves and keep us all posted on how things are going, and remember the the Honeycutt's love you.