Friday, July 22, 2011

Road Trip Day 12

Day 12:

Cole wanted to get up to go to the Today Show to see the free live concert at Rockefeller Center. Cee Lo Green was the performer today and Cole loved The Voice. I woke up at 5:30, started waking him at 6, then 6:30, then 7 was his last call. He changed his mind since he was so tired! We slept in for a little while longer then headed into the city.

Wow! A day of shopping basically! Toys R Us, Element, Billabong, and FAO SWartz! The Apple store is remodeling so we didn't feel like it was the most appealing place to go to! We rode the Ferris Wheel at Toys R Us and had lunch at TGI FRidays. We went tosome souvenier places and walked to Central Park. The honking, pedestrians, crosswalks, sad people, diverse culture, and pure chaos is so much to absorb here. It is truly an experience. To think the original immigrants that settled in NY would build this is bewildering.

As we were walking to Central Park today, Dayne and Cole referenced TV show after TV Show. I got so irritated that the boys can't talk about anything but TV!!! Even the stuff we have seen like Rockefeller Center has to have a movie reference! "Hey Mom, was this the place in Home Alone"? "That's like the part in Meet Dave where Eddie Murphy...." LOL! So I griped at them in my most mom tone and said they needed to stop watching so much TV! Then I made a resolve that when we get home...yada yada yada. You know the drill. All of the sudden, these thoughtcome rushing in...the entire time I have been here, I have thought of things like Laverne and Shirley (when I see an apartment underground), sung the Green Acres theme song in my head, texted the picture of the bull of Wall Street to Frank because it was in the movie, The Other Guys and the boys wanted him to see it.....all of these things I had thought and done were directly from TV and movies. I'm humbled. As a matter of fact, I remembered telling them about this day care that was in the movie The Pursuit of Happiness. Even though I wasn't sure it was the on, I said it was just because it looked just like it! Wow. Like I said. Humbled.

We are staying with Jack tonight while Bridget and Manny have a night out on the town! We have had a great time watching Justin Beiber movie here at the house. We've planned a big day for tomorrow so we better get some sleep!



PRAISE: Sophia just had the ventilator removed and cried for the first time in 5 days! PRAISE OUR GOD!!!! HE IS MIGHTY TO SAVE!!!

Blessed and Highly Favored......

The Rowdy Ones

No comments: