Sunday, July 17, 2011

Road Trip Day 6-7

Two more days to write about of fun and excitement!

Day 6:
I didn't get much sleep so I needed to spend a lot of time in prayer on the way to Niagara Falls! I was so excited to take the boys because we didn't actually plan this part of the trip until we were in Port Clinton! We were overwhelmed with excitement. The Falls blew us away. I had no idea this would be on our way. It just never occurred to me so I think having no expectations caused it to become the height of the day! We calculated the time it would take to see if we would be able to go see my dad's grave and guess what? We did! We drove to Glens Falls, planted a nice little mum, cleaned out some of the weeds, and drove on into Boston. The funniest part of the grave site visit.....Cole farted standing on the grave. I know, I know. This seems disrespectful right? But if you knew my dad, you are also seeing the same smirk on his face that I was! Ha!!! It was PRICELESS!

We finally made it to Boston around 8:30. We stayed up till 12 talking and catching up! We enjoyed some hilarious youtube videos together and learned that Dayne learned a lot about our judicial system from none other than ERNEST P. WORL in Ernest Goes to Jail. No need for mom to explain. We proceeded to get the best night's sleep!

A couple of key points....God Gave me a few scriptures today:

Proverbs 1:8 and Psalms 18:1-2

Day 7:
Church day! Well, we didn't actually go today because we weren't sure of which church to attend! We finally figured out which one Lakepointe has partnered with and we just didn't have enough time to drive over and attend the service. Even though I was sad about it, I e-mailed them to see if we will be able to assist them this week while our student ministry team is here. We will keep you posted!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, well, the city of Boston, we went to the Freedom Trail, had pizza at Boston Common Park (which is the first public park in America, est. 1634), Cole laid down in Frog Pond fully clothed, Dayne was almost seriously run over by the trolley tour, and the Duck tour tried to attack Cole. As we are being mindful of doing Random Acts of Kindness, we checked on a possible dead situation. however, he was not dead. Yeah. We would have gladly called Mr. Peppermint for a rescue if needed. It was not necessary thankfully.

We enjoyed Starbucks at the giant steaming tea kettle and watched a few street performers. Cole joined in the show as the one white guy who survived the leap of death. Videos to follow!

No comments: