Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 10 Continued....

Awwww, after a good night's sleep I have forgotten everything I wanted to say about yesterday. As you can tell, the boys have not been as into doing their own blogs as I thought they would. They are basically sitting with me recounting the day and struggle with remembering the events by themselves! Boys? Let me know your thoughts on that one!

Anyway, we got up yesterday to leave. We were all packed and ready to load the car. Our estimated time to hit the road was 8 and we nailed it! That includes a sappy goodbye where I felt my heart being ripped out of my chest yet again! Much like Port Clinton goodbye, I just wish we could see our loved ones more often.

The boys and I headed to the partner church in Stoughton, MA to do some service work. Our intent in Boston was to come alongside the youth team that would be here missioning in Boston and serve with them. The timing was off a bit. They were here last week and we were on our own. I told them we would be glad to help in any way possible and I offered to pass out Sunday invites, clean the church, or whatever they needed! It just so happened the lady that was coming to clean Wednesday would b unable to make it and they really needed it done! So, we were BLESSED to do it. When I had told the boys earlier in the week, honestly Dayne was not excited AT ALL. As a matter of fact, it caused some serious strife! I am extremely excited to report that he sincerely apologized after we left from cleaning and he apologized for the very thing he did-he had a bad attitude. It was simple and minor....actually even expected! I am just amazed at his maturity sometime! Thank you God for my blessing!

After a nice lunch, we headed to NY. We quickly drove through Rhode Island. I think it was about a blink and then we hit Connecticut. The city just overwhelms me really. It just seems like a different typ of city than I am used to I guess, because I really don't think of myself as the suburbian type. Guess I am. As we drove up on co-op City, I just can't believe the mass amounts of people they fit into such small areas in the Northeast. My brain keeps going back to all of the needs of God's people and ho we are all the same underneath it all....

Trusty Tom Tom (called Susan) took us straight to Bridget's very nice apartment in Astoria where we had a delicious dinner, special time with Jack and Manny, and a great late night having girl talk! I love friends.....God has blessed me wtih many and everyone who knows me knows I am not always the best friend. Thank you all for your grace over the years. I have spent a lot of time reflecting over the last 24 hours about my life and all of the memories, good and bad. God has brought me through it all.

This morning I am burdened again by Sophia, but I want to continue to pray for the others listed before. Adding to the list?!?!? Grace Church in Boston. They are an amazing people with an amazing mission and they have large obstacles to overcome there. 99% of the people in their town don't know Christ. Pray for a movement of God. I want to see the number cut in half. That could be the movement of our nation.

As we pass through these old towns with historical monuments everywhere, it reminds me about what our country was built upon...In God We Trust. Our founding fathers built this country on Religious Freedom. Our society has taken that word Freedom to a level we never expected-having rights that ACTUALLY BIND US! There is no freedom without Christ. That is the freedom I choose to believe we started out with and I pray each one of us know that freedom in our hearts today!

God bless you and yours!

Blessed and highly favored....

No comments: