Monday, July 18, 2011

Road Trip Day 8

Day 8....Woke up early to hit the city of Boston. We headed to the Museum of Science to discover new things about this life! I know you might be thinking, "wait, they could do that anywhere"....Yes, we could, but could we do it for free? Ha! We had great free passes compliments of Abra Lou!

This museum was amazing! The most incredible thing I learned is about Nanotechnology! Google that! It is amazing what science can do. We headed over to the North end of Boston-the Italian neighborhood. We had incredible pizza, met a real live Italian mafia guy "Vinny Gold", had italian lattes, and I would bet a dollar that this one lady was having coffee talk in her Italian Pastry shop! Loved it!

We headed over to Paul Revere's house to see the oldest home still standing in Boston and we also saw the cobblestone roads where the great Boston Molasses Disaster took place. The aesthetically pleasing Rose Kennedy Greenway captured our attention, but not as much as the drunk we met who tried to sell us the most beautiful floral arrangement he had just picked from this city park specifically to buy Vodka and a beer. He only wanted three dollars and i admit, it was tempting. Unfortunately, I didn't have any cash on me so I couldn't support his habit. However, I did take the time to lend him my ear and listened to his story. I shared my sobriety of 14 years with him but he said he is not an alcoholic and he only drinks for fun. He actually seemed like he was having fun. He was very different from your typical homeless crazy guy. His name is Wayne, and he needs prayer and a spleen. Heading home, the kids stopped in the water park by the house and soaked their clothes (not Dayne, of course).

What a great day we had! Tonight has been a much needed time of relaxing with the kiddos....

We have a serious prayer requests and PLEASE PASS THIS ON FOR PRAYER: Pray for my friend's baby-Sophia. She is in the hospital and needs pray for a possible leukeimia diagnosis. God is big and we want to see him heal! Praise God for the VICTORY!!!

Blessed and Highly favored!

The Rowdy Ones!

No comments: