Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Road Trip Day 3

Wow! It was really our first official day on the road! We started bright and early-up at 6AM and on the road by 6:24! That'll get old real fast!

The boys went right back to sleep and I spent a good hour or more with God. What an awesome time I had with the Lord! Fears have been in the back of my mind about this trip. Carting precious cargo across the country comes with false events appearing real. God diminished these fears replacing them with total trust in His outcome. However, by mid-day, I lost my religion with Cole and disappointed myself in my lack of evangelism!

Our original destination was a skate park in St. Louis. Driving downtown to find it, I suddenly felt like I was heading to Cornerstone to feed the homeless. Immediately I took back the fear (claiming it was wisdom, which I still believe might be true), and we headed to the next touristy option-the Arch in St. Louis! Cole claimed a fear of heights to avoid going to the top, but with little coaxing from Dayne, he chose to go.

On the way out, I told the boys we needed to give out a tract so they watched how I did it and we talked to a family heading into the monument. We gave them instructions on which side to enter, told them we were on a Road Trip, and handed them a tract to evaluate theirs! They were open to receiving the message and I told the boys we were going to start a prayer list for everyone we talked to about Jesus!

We headed over to the hotel to put our stuff away and then ended up at Six Flags. After the rain shut down the rides, we headed to the hotel pool to spend some family time. This is the best part.

Sitting with different families in the hot tub, we met an 11 yr old named Isaac. Yes, it is spelled just like the Bible name! Through conversation, we discovered he doesn't know Jesus. I don't mean that He hasn't accepted Him. I mean LITERALLY that he just found out who Jesus was historically at an art gallery days ago! I took a minute to talk to him about our need for a savior and he was very receptive. His 16 yr old sister said she knows the Lord so I encouraged them to talk more about it.

So, pray for the "family at the Arch" and for our new friend Isaac. We also ask for prayer for Melanie who is going through a divorce and safe traveling for our new friend, the youth pastor from California!

What an adventure this has already been! Blessed and Highly favored......



Dayne's Blog:

Today we didn't get to go to the skate park because it was closed but we got to do the Gateway Arch and Six Flags. Right when we were going to get on the Batman at Six Flages, the park closed down. We got to spend a relaxing evening at the hotel.


Cole's Blog

Mom and Dayne covered it all. The End.

No comments: