Friday, June 21, 2013

Heroes and Villains

Yesterday we parked in the Villains lot at the Magic Kingdom. I knew the kids weren't paying attention and so I just drove on in without a thought. However, the tram driver was sure to notify the kids where we parked!  So today I made sure we were the heroes!  We even got a fantastic spot right in front!  Well, that was only because I thought the park opened an hour earlier than it actually did. Oops!

This went perfect with the theme of our day. The boys spent lots of time defending Disney as they played the interactive game throughout the park. They were the heroes destroying villains as they moved from clue to clue in the different areas of magic kingdom. Turner and Cole LOVED this but guess what?!?! So did Dayne!  They really got into this game!  A-hem. Did somebody say magic?



Turner magically turned Irish. I guess I've been keeping crazy hours for the kids and we started having some fun with speaking in accents.  We left the park for a break and when we returned I told the family to decide where we were from sober could all use the same accent. Turner chose Irish so he began yelling "I'm from Ireland". Repeatedly. I mean, repeatedly. I really intended for everyone to speak in an accent and go on living normally. He chose this method instead. It. Was. Hilarious. Omgoodness!  


Did you know the ponchos at Disney are magic too?  The rain came and everywhere I looked, people were wearing a Disney poncho. Finally I decided these must be reasonably priced and I inquired about them. The woman I asked said all of the stores had them for only $17.00. 

EACH!  

I thought for sure she meant PER FAMILY!  Sigh. Magically everyone thought they had to have one!

Sweet magic between Dayne and Mandy...note each have in a headphone. BFF!


We saw downtown Disney tonight and Turner enjoyed building a few Lego guys! We had an adventure by choosing the public transit system vs driving our own car. It rained most of the evening so we decided it would be better not to run to the car since we would rather eat for the next week instead of buying ponchos!  I heard the sweetest conversation on the bus. One little girl asked another how old she was. The little girl replied 5 and said that she would be going into Kindergarten next year and said she want in a grade.   The first little girl who was a little older said ,"You can just say kindergarten. You don't have to say I'm not in a grade".  It made the entire bus ride worth it!

Well, we've changed Dayne's name to Crush. If you know Dayne and the movie Finding Nemo. If you don't, I'll be delighted to explain!










No comments: