Friday, June 21, 2013

A Day of Rest

Today we practiced the ancient art of sleeping in! Turner packed to go home and we headed for the pool where we played Turner and Cole's famous sharks and minnows game. It forces you to burn a calorie or two so I guess I can't complain. We all loaded up the car and mom followed us in the truck to have a late lunch at IHOP courtesy of the Prewitt's!  

Everyone said their goodbyes to Turner and he and I headed to the airport. God put all of the right people with us in the airport and also with Turner on the plane. I was so glad when his mom texted they were heading home safely!  Seriously we were so sad to see him go. I almost cried and drove home a little on the down side. He is part of our family!


RIP to the mosquito that died of heat exhaustion. I would be sad if I wasn't so sure he's the one that bit me three times on my leg last night. I found him like this when we got in the car today. Hopefully you can see it in this picture. Either way he is laying on his back unharmed, just overheated. Ha!

Lots of interesting things about Florida...they seem to love fractions. We saw the  Fifth Third bank today. It had a 5/3 on the sign which would have led me to pronounce it Five Thirds but I guess things are different here in the sunshine state. What leads us to believe they love fractions is that the speed limit when entering the campgrounds is 9 3/4.  It's just cute!  

We are ending the night with a Redbox!  Love family movie nights!!!



No comments: