Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Oklahoma to Mexico

We drove home today from a relaxing trip to OK to see the family. We were fed fresh vegetables that we picked from the garden (corn, green beans, and fresh berries along with jelly made from the berries). We could also drink the water and eat the ice! I hope we can reverse these skills tomorrow when we hit Mexico. I have spent most of the night washing clothes and re-packing. I also went through and organized all of the crafts we lined up to do with the kids. I honestly have no idea what to expect. I feel like many of the people who have gone before didn't have many questions so I wasn't sure what to ask. I am more of a "wing it" person, but would like a more concrete schedule with specific supplies that need to be brought. I have found this has been my first lesson in trusting God on a mission trip. The kids are so excited-not in a vacation way, but in the true expectation of what we are about to embark upon. They truly seem to realize the things we encounter there will be so different from what they know. I trust God will keep us safe and bring us home. I obviously can't sleep and decided writing to you would be a way to take everything out of my head so I could rest medicine! Thank you God for taking control of our lives and allowing us to be a part of your team!

No comments: