Wednesday, July 9, 2008

From the Mission Field

Wow! We made it home today. There is so much to tell, I don't know where to begin. In the beginning...okay okay, a little mission/Godly humor! God moved in so many ways. I had no expectations, just a heart to serve and a desire to model and teach that to my children. I saw two little sacrificial hearts grow this last week in such an amazing way. The church we worked with cooked delicious food daily and we ministered to a neighborhood where they are trying to plant a new church. Each morning we walked el barrio and at night we had a fiesta with crafts for the kids and a movie to tell about Jesus. The local church led the worship (a song or two) and did mimes and skits for entertainment in the native language. We also did construction on the church in the afternoon so our days were filled morning to night and there were few breaks at any point. This made for quite an exhausting trip, but the Lord sustained us constantly and met EVERY NEED. Cold water was provided abundantly along with snacks and much needed prayer time for the group. Our morning devotionals were direct messages sent from God filled with the exact encouragement we needed each day. I know God called us there and I thank Him for sending my family. Our hearts are completely knit with the team and I can't express the relationships that have developed from what Christ brought together in fellowship. To my family-I have the most amazingly loyal brothers! Let's praise God for what He has done in Mexico through these boys! AMEN! I am so grateful for all of my family and friends who supported us through prayer, finances, and encouragement. We love you!

P.S. Schlitterbahn was AWESOME on the way back! We got a group rate and tax exempt prices so we had the BEST time. If you know me at all, you know a good deal makes me happy!

1 comment:

Allison said...

I'm so glad that you've had such an eventful and meaningful summer. Now you just need to relax and look forward to an exciting school year!