Saturday, June 14, 2008

We are headed to Mexico in a few short weeks.  Yesterday we reviewed what it means to be on God's team.  The kids really have a good understanding of what to say when you evangelize.  They are amazingly pure, you know.  It blows me away to watch their little hearts be filled with God's love so strongly at such young ages.  It makes me sad to think of all of the hurt and pain of our own sin they will experience down the road.  I pray that through their walk and knowledge of Christ, they will have a stronger tower to lean on than I did.  I pray rebelliousness does not rule their hearts as they grow into the teenage years.   Most of all I pray to be a godly mom the depend on in times of crisis that can pray through the storms of life with them.  I want to be their earthly strong tower.  And a skinny one at that!!!  So, with that being said, I am eating a lot less this summer in hopes of catching the skinny train back to school.  I have overwhelmed myself with the pounds and MUST stop the madness.  Three days of starving and I do feel skinnier, but it will take a lot more.  I owe my co-worker credit for motivation.  She looked so good when school got out and I know she is doing even better since we have been home.  She has so much self control.  I don't even know what that is sometimes!  Well, I will close for now.  My bed has it's usual stack of clean items on it that need to find a home.  I am about to free cycle my whole house!  Love, hope, and healing!!!

No comments: